Please contact Christie Diane via email by using the contact tab listed above.
Portrait commissions from a life sitting or photograph are happily accepted by Christie Diane.
The portrait begins with us having initial discussions in considering the below:
- What is the pose and composition. Are we using an existing agreed upon photo or are we creating a new pose?
- Canvas size?
- What is the desired mood, colors, or stylistic feel of the painting?
- Background preference, leaving the natural raw Belgian linen canvas exposed or adding color?
- If at all possible, Christie likes to meet with and get to observe the special characteristics unique to the individual(s) to be painted.
- Have you considered where the portrait will eventually hang?
- Will it be a gift? Do you need it by a specific date?
Once the above is discussed and a price is set, a standard portrait contract will be signed by both parties and a non- refundable deposit of 50% is paid.
At this time, head and shoulder portraits start at $1,000. Pricing will vary due to size of canvas, amount of subjects, how much of the figure(s) are shown, if there is a photo session involved, background, etc.
If requested, after the contract is signed and the deposit received, Christie can provide a photo (by email) of the initial portrait layout/ painting.
The balance of the commission is paid when the completed portrait is received.
In general, a 16"x20", 18"x24", 20x24" head and shoulder portrait takes approximately 30-90 days.
Expenses associated with any framing, travel and/or shipping/ packaging are additional and of course will be clearly and openly discussed and outlined.
References will proudly be given upon request.
I look forward to hearing from you in creating a special work of art of your loved ones, to be enjoyed by you and future generations...